Fastpitch Softball & Baseball Instruction
Pitching, Hitting, & Fielding Lessons at the Lake of the Ozarks
Ballparks National is excited to announce that we are launching our private and small group lessons for baseball and softball. These lessons will be led by former and current collegiate athletes, as well as respected local coaches. We will offer those lessons in 30 or 60-minute timeslots, Monday-Thursday by appointment only.
- Individual: $35/30 min
- Individual: $65/hr
- Group of 2: $110/hr
- Group of 3: $100/hr
Lesson Packages (Best Value)
- 5 pack of 30 min lessons: $165
- 10 pack of 30 min lessons: $300
Packages can be used for siblings or split between instructors.
Our Instructor Lineup
Hello, my name is Brock Heerdt and I very much look forward to the opportunity to develop your athlete here at Ballparks National. I recently moved to the area from Los Angeles, CA where I spent 23 years playing the game and the last 8 as a coach. I was truly blessed in my baseball career to play with some incredible ballplayers and play for some of the best coaches in the game. My college career includes stops at The Masters University and San Diego Christian w/ both appearing in the NAIA Super Regionals. During college, I was selected to play in the Northwoods League for the Wisconsin Woodchucks as well as the San Diego Force. After my senior season, I ultimately signed w/ the Hawaii Stars of the Pacific Association and began my professional career. Unfortunately, soon after I hung up the spikes due to injury and began my coaching career.
I have coached at just about every level of the game and can help develop your athlete no matter the level. I have held pitching coach positions at San Diego Christian College and Taft High School and was the head coach at Heritage Christian and Grace Brethren. During these stops we were able to send our athletes onto the next level and have players at the University of Arizona, Harvard, GCU, West Virginia State, Arizona Christian, San Diego Christian, CSUB, George Fox, and many others.
I will be available for baseball lessons and can teach pitching, hitting, infield/outfield, catching, arm care and development, etc. Whatever your athlete needs on the baseball field, allow me to be a part of the journey. Thank you for your time and hope to see you at the field soon!
- Heritage League Pitcher of the Year (2007/2008)
- Heritage League MVP (2008)
- First Team-All League (2006, 2007, 2008)
- First Team All CIF (2007, 2008)
- Daily News All-Star Game
- School records for season/career ERA, strikeouts, batting average against and saves.
- Northwoods League
- Daily News All-Star Game Coach
- Ventura County All-Star Game Coach
- California Pre-Draft Showcase Coach
- Southwest Futures All-Star Games Head Coach
Cell: (661) 388-8659
Softball Pitching Instructor
My name is Haile Farris, and I am a Camdenton High School graduate. I started playing softball when I was 6, and I started playing competitive ball when I was 8. At 8 years old, we got to travel to Florida for a World Series.
I currently pitch for Jefferson College in Hillsboro Missouri. I have attended there for the past 2 years. The COVID issues have thrown my eligibility into another 4 years of playing time. Currently, I am going to attend Jefferson College for another year. My plan is to further my education and softball to a Dl or D2 program after my last year at Jeffco.
I can’t wait to start giving back to the community that helped me get to where I am today. I look forward to working with young pitchers. Getting them stronger with pitching and also the mental aspect of the game.
- 3 years all-district (Camdenton High School)
- 4 years all-conference
- conference pitcher of the year
- 2 years all-region
- the first pitcher to get all-state status in Camdenton history
- all-time strikeout record for Camdenton High School
- most grand slams in a season with 4
- 3 district champion
- 14U National Champion
- 18A National Champion
- 18A National Championship’s Most Outstanding Pitcher
- Keith Lucas (father of a current student)
Cell: (573) 692-0577
Softball Pitching/Hitting/Fielding Instructor
I am very excited to help girls grow as a player and person. I am currently finishing up my first year in a doctoral program for Physical Therapy at Southwest Baptist University. I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science at Missouri Valley College in Marshall, MO, where I also played softball for 3 years. I was a student coach for my fourth year, due to 2 shoulder surgeries to my throwing arm. I was sad to hang up the cleats, but I am very excited to coach!
I have 17+ years of experience playing softball, 10 of which were with travel ball, and my 3 college years. I ended my last few years playing softball for the Firecracker program out of Antelope Valley. We adopted the name from Tony Rico, the creator of the Firecracker organization, who has been around for many years in the softball world in Southern California. In high school, I played with Rachel Garcia, pitcher for UCLA and Team USA. Over the years, I have played many competitive teams, where I have learned multiple ways to approach the strategies of softball to help me decipher the best way to approach the game.
I have experience giving both pitching and hitting lessons. I would love to offer my knowledge to the players to help further their softball skills!
- Played collegiate softball for Missouri Valley College
- 17+ years of experience playing softball
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science
- Working towards a Doctorate in Physical Therapy
Softball Hitting/Fielding Instructor
Hi Y’all! I was born and raised here at the Lake of the Ozarks and could not be more excited that these facilities and opportunities are becoming available for young athletes around the area!
To help give some insight into who I am as a person, I will be a junior next year at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri where I have been studying and playing Division II softball. I plan to graduate from Truman in the spring of 2023 with my Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise Science. After Truman, I plan to get my Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy. My dream would be to be able to come back to the lake area and start my career, and help give back to the community that has helped me so much throughout my life. I am extremely passionate about anything that I take seriously, and I can promise you, I will give all of my best efforts into giving lessons and coaching.
As a player, I eat, breathe, & sleep softball. It is my whole life and has been for a very long time. I started playing travel ball at just seven years old and from there I could not get enough. I have 10 years of travel ball experience and these last two years I have been strictly playing college ball. Majority of my travel ball career I played for the Missouri Stealth program in Colombia, MO. I attended high school at Camdenton and played some of the best softball of my life there. I play the corners in college, but I also have experience playing in the middle infield and catching too. I would say I am an infield utility. However, my favorite aspect of the game is hitting. I am a true power hitter. In college, I have also had the role of being a DP and a pinch hitter in multiple games.
Softball has completely changed my life and has given me so many opportunities that I will forever be grateful for. It has given me the chance to get a college education and has allowed me to build relationships with people across the country. I would not be the person I am today without the sport. I would love to be able to coach girls in the area that have dreams and goals that I once dreamed of achieving too.
Here are some of the awards and achievements I have received throughout the years:
- 2021 GLVC James R. Spalding Sportsmanship Award at Truman State University
- 2018 Second Team All-State
- 2017 First Team All-State (1st softball player in Camdenton softball history to be awarded this)
- Three-time First Team All-Region 2016, 2017, 2018
- Three-time First Team All-District 2016, 2017, 2018
- Three-time First Team All-Conference 2016, 2017, 2018
- Four-time Lake News Athlete of the Week
- Two-time All-O-Zone Softball Team Member
- .521 Senior year HS batting average
- .571 Senior year HS on-base percentage
- 1.239 senior year HS slugging percentage
- Camdenton school records include: most homeruns in a game (3), most homeruns in a season (15), most homeruns in a career (30), & most RBIs in a season (53)
- Mentioned in 6 different Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHAA) state records
If you have any questions or would like to personally contact me, my phone number is (573) 480-9892 and my email is email@example.com